Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hubby's clothing dilemma

My husband has jury duty today. In fact, he just left in our car and I'm pretty sure he's a little nervous about the whole thing. But at least he looks nice.

They instructed jurors to wear appropriate clothing for today, which doesn't include jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, tennis shoes, sandals..wait a minute..sandals? It can't be more than 10 degrees outside. Who in their right mind would be wearing sandals in the wintertime?
Hubby awoke bright and early this morning, and was in a frantic state. What will he wear? Standing on the upstairs landing looking down at me in the living room, he asks, "What do I wear today?' I say to him, "Pants and a shirt."  More than a few minutes pass, and by then I figure he's probably dressed and will be down soon. Nope.
"I don't have anything to wear!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Visions of every shopping excursion I ever had flashed through my mind. All the shirts, sweaters, and pants, in every color and style that I ever bought for him, have suddenly vanished this morning. He couldn't find one thing that either matched or fit. Without going upstairs, I calmly stated that his brown Docker pants would be a fine option for the proceedings. A few minutes went by and he finally came downstairs. He had on the Dockers, and a light blue striped short-sleeved shirt.
"Your going to freeze in that shirt. I said. Why don't you put a sweater over it?"
"I don't have anything that will go with this."
"Yes you do" I said. So back upstairs he went.
A couple of minutes later, and I have to say, I was very surprised that he found something so quickly, especially after proclaiming in the beginning that he had absolutely nothing to wear. He was wearing a very nice dark blue long sleeved pullover sweater with a light horizontal yellow stripe towards the top. He looked very nice, and I'm sure will impress everyone, well, almost everyone he sees today.
As for myself, I'm praying this is a one day trial, so he doesn't have to go back tomorrow. If he does, maybe I'll just pretend to be asleep.

No comments: